Krishi Vigyan Kendra is an innovative district level science based institution engaged in transfer of latest agricultural technologies to the farming community for bridging the gap between production and productivity.
KVK is located at Padampur Tehsil, Jaitsar Raod, which is 37 KM towards South from District head quarters Sri Ganganagar.
Mandates of KVK
- To enhance the productivity & quality of major crops, like- Cotton, Cluster bean, Green gram, Wheat, Chickpea and Mustard through integrated crop management.
- To popularize integrated nutrient, weed and pest management among farmers.
- To encouraging farmers for organic farming for sustainable agriculture through natural farming system using compost, vermi-compost, FYM and through moisture conservation technology.
- To promote modern dairy farming and back yard poultry.
- To extend the area under fruit orchards, vegetable farming and popularize techniques of nursery raising and its proper management.
- To motivate the farmers, farm women and rural youth for self-employment and income generation through bee- keeping, mushroom cultivation, dairy farming and Poultry.
- Introducing employment generation activities for farm women through value addition in agricultural produce , fruit and vegetable etc.
- To motivate the farmers for fish farming.